Saturday 24 December 2016

December 2016

Merry Christmas/happy Holidays

Wow another year is just about done and the project is slowly moving forward.  After the paint marathon I have to admit that I took it easy for a few days, tinkering here and there before moving to next steps.


At home I've been doing my homework in preparation for wing assembly.  In the hangar I concentrated on getting the fuselage off the stands and onto its wheels for the first time since 1988.  I also took a couple of weeks off to head south for a bit of warmth and R&R.

I started a new section called "Final Assembly."  Other than the wings and ailerons, I believe this section will be where I document the bulk of the remainder of the project..

As always, I consider those that view this blog to be my virtual "Quality Assurance" department so comments and feedback here or on the Taylorcraft forum will be appreciated.

Enjoy..... and all my best to you and yours for 2017.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings. I bought this plane in pieces in Denver CO for $350 and rebuilt it and flew it for several years and then my brother flew it to Redlake and sold it. Thanks for doing a super job of restoring it again. I'd love to see it. Glen Mast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glen; Thanks for writing. I see your name in the US log books and your brother in the Canadian flight log. You're welcome to see the aircraft anytime you're in Thunder Bay. Otherwise it will be at Oshkosh in 2018 (I hope). If you have any other history, documents or photos I'd sure be interested.
    Thanks
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott,
    I trust you are doing well. Will you be at Oshkosh 2018. I have a number of work colleagues and friends who work with JAARS. If you are there, please go by the JAARS and Mission Aviation tent (PC 6, Helio, Kodiak, ?? ) Ask for Mike and Rebecca Navratil as well as any of the JAARS Staff on site. I'd love for them to see the plane and to meet you. Glen Mast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott,
    I just spent two weeks with my brother John on a trip to VA, OK, and GA. John shared his photos of you and the plane to our many friends along the way. We feel honored to have had a small part in giving CLR another 20 years of life and to see you extend it again. John was very pleased to see it and someday I hope I can come by as well. Glen Mast

    ReplyDelete