Saturday 2 June 2018

June 2018

Well progress has been made and I hesitate to say it but there may even be a glimmer of light at the end of a very long tunnel.

My frustrations with topcoat continued but I finally managed to finish the right wing which is the last of the major assemblies in terms of paint.  Just a few small parts left to paint and I'll need the space in the hangar for wing installation, so I dismantled my paint booth.  Glad to see the back of it!

Look for updates in the Wings and Final Assembly sections.

I've also started the process of assembling all the paperwork and compiling a work report to make the CofA application.  I need to find scales, need to do a compass swing, and a test flight.  One problem is I have no Taylorcraft time since I last flew this aircraft... in 1989!  Don't panic but there are many details to look after.

My parts and paint shelves are getting empty however so I must be getting close!!


1 comment: